Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pueblo Inglés in La Alberca 2008

helloo!! How are you?




Well I haven't written anything this summer, but now I am writing ... haha


Well, I'm going to talk about a wonderful experience I lived this summer




First I went to Salou!! with the people of 4º ESO, and it was so so so so... cool and funny


But then, two days after I arrived in porriño I went to Salamanca.




Tere I lived this cool experience.


I went to a programme called PuebloInglés.


About 40 Spanish people and 40 Anglo speakers went to a small town called La Alberca, there we stayed speaking in English for one week with English, Americans, Australians...


You cannot speak in Spanish, you must speak English all the time, becouse if you speak Spanish the "anglos" cannot understand you.


Well here, there were mm... I don't know... 6 teams or 7... I don't remember..


But there were teams, and you could win points to your team, or lose points (if you speak in Spanish you lose points). And at the end of this week, the team who has more points wins, but... haha


in my week, my team won (we were the black team), and we only got a bag of candy haha


But there was so funny




And the place where you stay for this week is a 5 star hotel, but it is not a normal hotel, There were many houses in a beautiful place, like a small town, and it was so beautiful


Only four people could stay in each house, there were two big rooms, you shared a room with an anglo-speaker.



If you want to know more about this programme visit this page: http://www.morethanenglish.com/kidsandteens/index.asp




I went to La Alberca becouse it is in Salamanca, but I think there is the same programme in other places.




Ahh!! And if you want to go, you should know that this programme is only for people from 13 to 17 years old.




I will go next year again because it is so funny and you meet people from New York, Ireland, Australia, and you meet Spanish people too haha


That was great I recommend it. But the bad side is the prize.. I dont know exactly but I think 1300 € for person... haha


But it is so great


That was my team


This is one of the houses
Here it was the birthday of a girl
And... it was the flag of my team, the winner team
well byee
see you..

1 comment:

Elvira said...

Dear Andrés, it was really great to hear from you. I'm glad you've had such a wonderful experience and I hope you've learnt a lot. I spent part of my holidays in Madeira island, which is also a very good place to visit, and then I spent the rest of my time in Ferrol and Vigo with my family. I hope to go on another little trip before working in September, we'll see!
Anyway, see you in September, thanks very much for wrtting! Elvira.